Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Plant Crush

The snow is still melting but it's got me thinking of spring and starting seeds, and digging in the earth.  I'm daydreaming about the perennial beds and where I can move things and what I can add to refine the look.  When we moved into our house, we had a BLANK slate.  I started from square one by removing weeds sod the hard way.  Since my plant budget was basically zero, I had to get creative.  Luckily, plants allow you to do that.  Cuttings were taken, perennials divided and plants were gifted.  Sometimes though, you get a Plant Crush and you've just got to make a purchase.  Here's what's currently making my heart flutter:



At 4-5 feet, I think this is going to make a lovely backdrop to a perennial bed.  And it's purple.  'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment